are you a smelly kat? tips on how to shampoo that do boo


Weave washing is so important. Ladies if you're going to keep it in you're going to have to take care of it.

This isnt professional advise but when I wash my weave I DO NOT let my scalp get wet. It doesnt dry very well and a damp scalp can make your hair mildew. YUCK!

Products: I swear by Pantene Pro-V:Smooth. I love this stuff. Its usually on sale at target so I stock up on the shampoo and conditioner. It makes your hair (weave) look super healthy and it doesnt weigh your hair down. I use to wash my weave and natural hair as well! Plus it smells good!


I follow these steps in washing my weave:

1. Brush while dry with a weave brush to get any tangles out, Then seperate into two sections as if you were going to put your hair in two ponytails


2. Wet hair. NOT SUBMERGE YOURSELF UNDER WATER. Its difficult to describe but the objective is to wet your hair enough to wash it ONLY.

3. Apply shampoo to your hand and rub on the hair. Place your hands around the hair and move down to the ends making sure to get shampoo on the entire hair shaft. Rinse and repeat as needed.

4. Condition in the same way that you shampoo. I usually let the conditioner sit for about 2 minutes before I rinse it out.

5. Once you've washed and conditioned your hair towel dry by placing the towel around the hair and squeezing to get any excess water out.

6. Blow dry. Depending on the quality of hair you're using you may not want to use a blow dryer with a comb. It can split the hair making it thinner, especially while its wet. Blow drying took about an hour for me.

7. Once blow dried wrap your hair and place a satin scarf on it. This will cut down the amount of heat needed to put on the hair.

8. Unwrap and flat iron if you need a little extra straightness!


Results:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback

ace da youngin-the classic

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire