ride that pony!

Despite the eye candy pictured above as Mr. "My Saddle's Waiting Himself" I'm talking hair here folks! :)
I personally dont like wearing ponytails due to the circumference of my head (pretty large) but I do have some simple tricks and tools for getting the perfect yet simple ponytail.

My sister is a new mom of a 6 week old baby so throughout her pregancy and even after giving birth I wanted to give her a style that was cute but also manageable.

Here's what you need to achieve the perfect ponytail.

The Hair:

No need to dig deep into the pockets to achieve this look. I like to use Milky Way's Que. Depending on the length its about $11.99 to $19.99 per pack. My objective in wearing weaves and wigs is to go natural and this hair, is both inexpensive and natural looking but be careful in taking care of it because it can get matted.


The Hold:

Bobby Pins are must of course!
 And these featured below  are my go to products to achieve the perfect sleek and hold.

Edge Control by Organic Roots Stimulator is  A MUST. I like it better than gel. It doesnt flake and make your hair all brittle. Plus you wont wake up to brown pillow cases and stains on your boo's shirt from that Pro-Style Gel ...lol



Once the ponytail is complete I like to spray a little holding spray. One of my favs is by Bed Head Maxxxed Out.

So now that we have our products its simple. You put your hair in a ponytail using the edge control and hold in place with the hair spray. You are going to get the hair extended beyond your rubberband (ponytail) into the smallest bun possible.

Next you're going to simply wrap the weave around the bun and pin the tracks. I usually use half a pack of the Milky Way Que but its to your liking.

For style I either flat iron the ponytail once secured on the head OR use my favorite styling tool:

The Infiniti Crimping Iron by Conair




Results:




oh and I made those earrings by the way. Stay Tuned for Kat Kreations :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)