the hairykat tracklist: schoolboy q -habits and contradictions



Hey HairyKats.

Notice I haven't been blogging about hair lately? Well to my defense I've had the same hair do for about 3 weeks now. I'm so proud of myself but no worries, I will be sporting a new do come this weekend, and of course you all will be the first in the loop.

I do have some hair dibs for you before I go into the new tracklist.

So my buddy Aja put me on to this hair treatment phenomenon which I have yet to try but can't wait to book my appointment. Its kind of funny because I always ask her to "consult" me before she books her hair appointments. She's not from l.a. and hasn't really found a "shop home" which is the beautician that hooks you up on the regular (by the way if you're looking for a stylist/shop home...check out the three ladies I've promoted on this blog, Ms. Kendall (310) 242 7175 , Ms. Regina (850) 325-0478, and Ms. Jamelia (310) 734-6400 "...so anywho, I hate seeing my friends pay an arm and leg for something that costs maybe half a toe, YA FEEL ME! lol! So when she told me about this new place I was skeptical...so she just got a "treatment" which is like a deep condition, but they use ...get this ORGANIC PRODUCTS...yaw know I had to confirm and ask the underlying question "these are black people right?" LOL! I'm sorry I'm just used to a stylist that eats hot cheetos and smokes cigarettes while doing my hair! Those are the most skilled, I'm used to what I'm used to....no shade! Nonetheless, she confirmed, this was a salon "for us". Let me tell you, Aja has some pretty thick hair, and I could feel the difference in her hair, no chemicals, just the treatment and a blow dry...I was amazed....check out their website: http://www.iloveluluhairspa.com/services and the prices are pretty reasonable!

Now on to what I'm listening to...



I've been looking for a new rapper to fall in love with...well their music OF COURSE...I miss the days of DPG and Memphis Bleek...authenticity is far and few between, everyone's paid...and talking about how they made it to paid status, or their instructing me to do some dance I don't wanna do (gangstas don't dance we boogie anyway!) lol, anywho, I've been on the hunt for that oldschool yet evolved type rap music..like just some raw rap, if that makes sense and I think I've found love in Schoolboy Q his album titled Habits and Contradictions dropped January 14th, 2012 . First of all there's 19 tracks on this album, these days you'd be lucky to get 11 from most albums so that got me all hype. I just love his sound...if you're already on to Schoolboy Q then...pretend this is your first time! lol!  He has a pretty cool background too...born in Germany, raised in LA, went to Crenshaw High...Cali Love! Anywho, check him out and let me know what you think. The album features westcoasters and Top Dawg Entertainment Artists Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar, Ab Soul, and also even features my new favorite songbird Ms. J Hene Aiko.

check out a few of my favorite tracks:

"nightmare of figg st."




"sex drive" ft jhene aiko

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback