"cut from a different cloth my texture is the best fur": silky straight or yaky?

Ladies ladies ladies,

Why? Why? Why? I feel like the weave police. I have a bone to pick with those ladies that opt out of the full head weave but match yaky like edges with silky straight tracks.

Look I'm not a professional nor an expert but isnt the purpose of the weave to accentuate your real hair?
Let's break this down:

Silky straight is like a play on words if you press your hair and the texture is silky straight then this probably is the hair for you.

If you have course thick hair even when straightened then yaky may be a better texture for you.

It kills me to see that one piece of untamed hair in the front of the weave and all this silky stuff down a sistah's back. We've got to do better.

Lol here are some blending techniques:

If your press starts looking a little old but your tracks still look a little fresh:

Ingredients:

Fine tooth Comb
Holding Spray (Vonte is a really good product but can be expensive. Isoplus does the job but can get sticky and flaky

Its simple just spray the comb. Hold your hair at the root and comb your ends to blend with the weave. I would avoid adding heat to your hair after spritzing it. That crackle sound is not for effects, that's your hair burning!











Blending Technique #2:

You can use a wax stick. Its important that you make sure you are only getting the wax on your hair...mostly those unsitely edges and not the weave. It will make your weave look greasy as if you spent all day at the gym and didnt wash your hair. In the words of my 2 year old "YUCK" lol. I like the wax stick because it fits in your purse. So if you're out and you need a touch up BAM break out the wax!


Now I'm getting on ya'll about matching textures but being that I have super fine hair mixing yaky tracks with my natural silky straight hair (when pressed) makes my hair look fuller.  I love big full hair so this technique works for me.

                                                            (silky natural hair, yaky tracks)



 To each her own but if I catch you out and about not blending the natural with the track texture I will attack you with my wax stick!!!! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback