blackfoliclesmeet.com : my hair is internet dating..day 1 with my new boo!

I still havent caught on to the online dating thing or the real life dating thing but my hair is here to prove otherwise.

Everyone constantly asks me what's up with my natural hair especially men. I must admit my hair is my biggest insecurity and I'm a tad obsessed with it...hence...the HAIR BLOG lol. I'm just not comfortable with it so I opt-in to other alternatives such as weaves and wigs featured on this HAIR BLOG.

But I really would love to rock my natural hair so I've tried so many ways to grow it out and have failed miserably.

After I took out my last weave I got out of the shower disappointed by how bad and damaged it looked. The tv was on and I swear on a stack of notebooks that this hair growth commercial came on as soon as the thought of me getting serious about growing my hair ran through my brain.

Its called Keranique. and let me tell you I am skeptical of these kinds of things but in my desperation to be free and just wear my own hair I got suckered into by going to the website fullerlookinghair.com The package came in the mail today so I instantly got to using it.

Let me explain the cost...its a free trial...free as in $7.95 for shipping and handling...you try for 30 days if you like they charge you 59.95 a month if not ...send it back yada yada...(lol and yes that is a blow dryer in the sink in the pic below..smh)

Being a woman of color with very woman of color hair I was like "tuh this is not going to work" especially since the only black woman in the commercial had a scarf around her head...WHAT THE?????????? But then the brochure featured two black women...one with a stale ass press...next...and the other with really big color treated hair that looked like a weave...I know a weave when I see one damn it!

Anywho, So I get the package today and its shampoo, conditioner, and serum OR this topical solution. So at first I'm like yea this topical solution will probably work better than the serum ...its FDA approved hair medicine...sure thing right? but then I started reading the side effects ahem:

stop use if:
chest pains rapid heartbeat, faintness or dizziness occurs, sudden unexplained weight gain occurs, hands or feet swells, unwanted facial hair????????
so basically the side effects are you turn into a hairy ass circus act that's gonna die from heart palpitations? uhhh nope. no thanks..so I put it back in the box lol!  and the percentage of it working wasnt that high...19% of women mostly "white" as the box says saw hair growth...soooo

I'm going to try it for 30 days , the shampoo, conditioner, and serum that is and see how my hair progresses...I've already started today and my scalp is itching like a son of a gun...does that means its working? we shall see....

good news for you readers....I'll be the guniea pig...and let you know how this goes....wish me luck....

will my hair find love?

we shall see!



DAY 1:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback