the hairykat tracklist: mixtape/album of the month Rick Ross, Rich Forever

for once when I'm mentioning tracks I'm not talking hair!


let's talk music hairykats!



let me tell you I am definetly a music addict. I live for tuesdays! there's no greater feeling than falling in love with new music and when I can't get my fix or not interested in new releases I'm over at  http://www.datpiff.com/ searching for mixtapes.

My favorite mixtape/album this month is Rich Forever By Rick Ross:
If HairyKat had a rating system, I'd give this 5 out of 5 packs of tracks of the finest Indian Remi! lol
http://www.datpiff.com/Rick-Ross-Rich-Forever-mixtape.296828.html

Being a working class single mom trying to pay off school loans and uncle sam and still enjoy my life, hearing rappers talk about how much money they've grossed from selling drugs to muy pucci lucci dookey and them I get a little bored of the braggadocious-ness on every track BUT at the end of the day its entertainment and this is exactly what this mixtape does!

further more each  and everyone is a hustler we just have different ways of  going about it. can I relate to delivering kilos to papi? NO LOL! but I can relate to working all day and night to live your dreams and your reality AT THE SAME TIME! hells yea!

Anywho, I am a huge fan of rap and hip-hop music and I am very picky about what's in my ears.For an album to make it on my favorites list I use my accountant skills by taking the number of songs on the album and dividing that number by the number of songs I actually liked....to determine if its good or not, so if the album has the standard 17 to 19 songs and if I liked 4 of them its an ok album...lol NERD!

Let me tell you I've listened to this mixtape from beginning to end a couple of times in a day when... the kid isnt around of course!

This mixtape is seriously album quality. I love the mixtape game in general! Its taking us back to when dudes were recording in their closets and handing out cassettes talking about listen to my demo. Artists are going around their A/R to get back to their hungry days when they were free to do it their way.

check it out and drop your thoughts!!!!

p.s.:

oh and wale featured on rich forever has evolved as an artist hasn't he?....is he the same wale my best buddy introduced me to in 06 when he tried to convince me I'd like him better than wayne? no! ..but I guess as your experiences in life transcend so do the things you talk about...I not mad at him!  "CALL IT ANGLO-SAX" LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback