hairykat tracklist: monica- new life



Its that time again HairyKats where I either send you out to get some new music or tell you to wait until hustle man sells the burned copy for $5 dollars, (even though only 3 of the songs are actually from the real album the rest are from random mixtapes from 10 years ago...), just kidding, side eye

Anywho,

To be released tomorrow is Monica's -New Life album! Raise your hand if you still knock the 1995 Don't Take It Personal (Just One of them Days) when you get your cycle and want to tell the world to bug off! LOL! Can we say longevity! She is definetly here to stay and have survived the times of new sounds, styles, and most importantly LISTENERS!

Monica is timeless, from her flawless face to her voice that still seems so before her time but really is keeping up with times. This album is what I call classic! The title does it justice. As I listened from start to finish I got the story, I got her vision, you can't really start a new life without telling the story of how you got to the new life through the old life. Talk about testimony, and she's always done so well in giving us just that!

She woos us with the hurts of her past with tracks like Big Mistake and Unitl its Gone.

I can't say that I loved the single with Brandy It All Belongs to Me, its a bit Irreplacable by Beyonce part II, lyric wise, but both their voices are undeniably amazing! As a single, to push the album, it does the trick though! Who wouldn't want to see these two ladies back at it again, in the prime of their lives, motherhood, and everything in between that they've gone through and overcome. ( I need a new Brandy album like ASAP by the way)

Monica also sings of her New Love in her New Life with the tracks Without You and Amazing.

She's journeyed through alot and I'm definetly proud to be her fan and like this album a lot! I've always been mesmerized by her authenticity and maturity. Speaking of maturity, I hear a taste of her inner Sam Cooke on songs like Cry and even her inner R. Kelly on Amazing, which has been voted as my favorite song on the album.

She teams up with the likes of Wale on Take a Chance and Rick Ross on the Anything to Find You track which has Mary J on the Method Man "You're All I Need" track all over it!
 Way to pay homage Mon!, (wish Lil' Kim would've gave Nicki a chance to do the same, but that's a different genre right?)

Anywho, This album speaks to many moods. But Monica remains true to herself. Her growth definetly shines through on this album. After the Storm still reigns as my favorite Monica album, but New Life is yet another classic!

Check out my fav song from the album Amazing and in the spirit of this blog, you know what time it is! My favorite Monica hair, (am I the only one that never wants her to rock long hair? short is you boo!!!WERK! LOL)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback