my hair is ummm...mixed?



Hello there Hairykats,



Do you ever want a hairstyle but the hair you want doesnt come in the length you want? Well its time to improvise and get to mixing.

The rule of thumb to mixing hair is:

1. Make sure its the same color
2. Make sure its the same texture
3. Make sure you dont end up looking like you have two different hairstyles occuring atop your head.

Another rule is to make sure that you are buying the right lengths to mix up. I wouldnt buy a pack of 18 and a pack of 10 to go on top...can we say mullet shag?

So my dilemma is I wanted to this body wave type curl but the type of curl that I wanted only comes in 14 at the longest. So I took 16-18inch Italian body wave by Bobbi Boss  on bottom  which is a simple wave type hair it doesnt have that much curl in it and mixed with Boom by Outre (14 and 12 inch and closure) which has loose curls but more body than the italian body wave ...one is really expensive the other kind of cheap but I got them both in jet black so they blend well together and I achieved the look I was going for.

If you're mixing straight hair I would either go cheap on both or expensive on both but its rare that you can't find straight hair in the lengths you want. Most of the time its the curled hair that only comes in a 14.

So dont be afraid ladies. Follow the rules and mix that hair!

Results below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback