The HBCU Alliance-HBCU Reunion Recap




Hey HairyKat's

Kat Kreations had the pleasure of vending at an event hosted by the California HBCU Alliance (like their facebook page: (https://www.facebook.com/calihbcualliance) called the HBCU Reunion on July 27th.

I loved the concept of the event of getting HBCU Alumni and new recruits to network and enjoy themselves. I particularly enjoy seeing people of color gather and come together in positive aspects. It was exciting to see the turn-out  with the event being hosted in Los Angeles (Altadena, to be exact) outside the typical regions and realms of the HBCU environment

I participated as a vendor and got to meet many interesting people. This is my first time in the history of Kat Kreations representing all three elements of my company selling my accessories, books, and apparel (shameless plugs: www.katkreate.com , shop.katkreate.com , www.katkreations.spreadshirt.com) It was a big deal for me to collectively represent all that I am and all that my company is. Here's a pic of my table:




There were food vendors on site. I opted for the Postcards Food Truck. Their food is a fusion between Soul food and Central American cuisine. They had food like smothered chicken, dirty, rice, and greens available in a bowl or in a wrap. It was AMAZINGLY delicious and the guys in the truck were super friendly. I would've snapped a pic of my food but I scarfed it down so fast it was too late before I thought about it. I did get a pic of the truck though. Check out their site at: www.postcardscas.com



There were other vendors on site in addition to Kat Kreations. I had the pleasure of being stationed next to the Montage Boutique, Modern Vintage represented by shop owner Kandy Williams. I love their pieces. There were crocheted purses, and bow necklaces, and SHORTS. Very very cute and stylish items that are handmade. Check out the Montage Boutique shop on etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/montageboutique .
 
And what's a good time without a DJ? The event was graced with the presence of DJ Rtistic.
The music took you region to region, dirty south, east coast, west coast, old school, new school. Even played Luke, like Luther Campbell Luke, like Capitan D coming Luke? Lol took me way back.
 
 
 
Overall it was a great event. I got to represent my brand while enjoying some wonderful people. I look forward to many more of these events.
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback