WTF Popeyes?



Have you seen the new Popeyes commercial for "rippin' chicken"? 

Pause let's rewind a bit. YES I am blogging about Fried Chicken!  Let's make that clear!

So I'm sitting on the couch and this commercial comes on advertising "rippin chicken" ... Now I don't know about yaw but my life has been spent as a fried chicken connoisseur and for me Popeyes is pretty top of the pops (I'll tell you my #1 favorite spot later) 

It was just this evening that I was innocently driving home thinking about the yummy broccoli I was going to eat for dinner when the scent of Popeyes from the LaBrea and Centinela  location slapped me in the face trying to deter my weight loss goals with the spokeswoman's voice in my head telling me to head on over to get one of her shrimp baskets but my waistline said "biatch please you got goals" so I gased it like a bank robber in a high speed chase and made it home safely and unharmed from that tasty chicken lmao but then like I was saying this commercial comes on for "rippin' chicken"

It's a fn' hand , like "what did the five fingers say to the face?" Dave Chappelle as Rick James Hand, it's five chicken strips connected together like a hand. Like word? I trusted them!:  To bring me chicken shaped chicken not a human hand. Like wtf Auntie Shirley (is that her name? The spokeswoman?) like did they not see the Kentucky Fried Rat story ? That was shaped like a rat but was DNA tested and found to be chicken. The fact that they DNA tested the chicken made it clear that I shouldn't eat there! Like ever! And now this hand shaped chicken? 

Why would i care if it comes with Cajun fries and that beautiful biscuit? I don't want hand looking chicken in my plate. I don't want my food waving goodbye to me before I demolish it!!  Why?

Do I need to start a petition on change.org? A "go fund me" for detached chicken tender awareness? 

Just why Auntie Shirley? 


Here's a pic so you can gage how dramatic I'm being ! Lmao! 

And here's a reference to KFC's rat chicken 


Why? 

BTW : if you live in L.A. (The real L.A.)  The best Fried Chicken is from Louisana Fried Chicken on Manchester and Normandie!
 It's not like the other Louisana Fried Chickens 
This particular location stays crowded so the food is always fresh but there are rules
1. It's always crowded
2. Cash only
3. The chicken is not kid friendly (the skin is a bit spicy)
4. Be prepared for "hustle man" to try and sell you cd's , dvd's , scented oils, , t-shirts, church suits still in the cleaner's plastic on the safety pinned hangers! 
5. Don't make eye contact with anyone 
6. Try really hard not to finish your order of fries on the way home 

Anywho... Popeye's marketing execs have lost their damn minds! 

A HAND! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback