Russian Rullet is Here! From Infinity to Beyond!



Hello HairyKats,

I'm back with more hot music to review. This week we're featuring Infinity by Inglewood Native Russian Rullet. Infinity is the perfect title for as his longevity as a rap artist is defined by this album. Rullet gives us 14 tracks of pure rap with impeccable precision of lyrical delivery and intense energy that draws you in as a listener.

Songs like Go ft. Dae One and  Make My Entrance ft. Conyiac and Smokey Lane take me back to 1992 when I first fell in love with Tha Dogg Pound ( I know I was only 8, don't tell my mama!). Remember when Nate Dogg dominated the hooks of  every song on the radio? These songs are reminiscent of that classic sound yet they don't sound dated.  Although I must admit, I'm currently talking myself out of crip walking as I write this. (Lol!).

Russian Rullet is a natural storysteller, an element of hip-hop that has become nearly extinct. On tracks like Black Widow, Born on a Plane, and Wall of Names ft. Aunjel Adams; Rullet paints a vivid picture for his listeners through his lyrical delivery and storytelling. Aunjel Adams' vocals on Wall of Names is heartpiercingly  beautiful. This song is one of my favorites, I always appreciate songs that are entertaining yet socially conscious and thought provoking.

One of my  favorite songs on the album is Already Love You ft. Melanie Burke, another track where Russian Rullet exhibits his gift and art of storytelling. This one tells the story of the birth of his son.  First off, I'm a sucker for live instruments and harmonized hooks. The piano loop on this has me absolutely in awe and the  lyrics "Already Love You More than Me" is heart wrenching and beautiful especially, to hear the male perspective of entering parenthood, something we don't hear a lot of.

My other favorite track is The Crown the beat hits so hard, (like King Kong is in the trunk to be exact). This track says to me I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. "Welcome to Inglewood" as Rullet says, this is easily a West Coast anthem and radio worthy single.


Be sure to get your copy of Infinity when it drops Tuesday, November 5th on ITUNES.

Check out Russian Rullet Freestyle on The Cousins Radio Show Below.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback