Beyonce







HairyKats,

A week after attending Jay-Z's concert at Honda Center, which I have yet to recover from (hands down the best concert I've ever been too, to date), I find the perfect way to start to the weekend with a new Beyoncé album! Yup that's right! Unless you live under a rock you've noticed social media go crazy with the Beyoncé self-titled 5th album released mid-week, no promo, and by the trending topics on the web I'm pretty sure she doesn't need it.

This album is quite different from the others. Its a visual album. Yes! There's a video for every single song and more. I'm sitting here with my Arbor Mist and enjoying the hard work of this woman. She is clearly on another level. Making it clear, that releasing singles and heavily publicizing an album is so last year. She realizes her "Superpower" (insider, that you'll only understand if you have the album!) and knows her fan base well enough that she doesn't need publicity. Its not like she needs the money. She simply love what she does and so do I!

I've drank the Kool-Aid or should I say Honey from the Queen Bey, if I didn't make it clear before Beyoncé is the baddest woman in entertainment.

This album expresses one very simple complex word for me, FREEDOM. She seems free artistically, , grown, unmoved, unbothered, herself, her authentic self, not unnerved by the media, just Beyoncé , hence the self-titled album, complexly, simply, Beyoncé the lover of music, the lover of entertaining, the lover of playing with our emotions by releasing music and not even giving us a head's up LOL.

The sound of this album isn't committed to one specific theme. She's an actress, she's a mother, she's a wife, she's creative, she's Beyoncé, again hence the title. There is a theme of satire with lyrics like "I woke up like this" in the track Flawless. She actually touches on the pressures of being a woman in the opening track Pretty Hurts.

She collaborates with Jay-Z , Drake, Frank Ocean, Chimamanda Ngozi, and Blue Ivy :) a spectrum of different artists, bringing the best of the best collaborations.

I feel like she made this album for herself and we just benefit from it as fans. I can feel her love for music in every single song and every single video. This by far is my favorite Beyoncé album.

That's just my take on the songs. The videos are just as good. She  pushes the envelope with sexual innuendos in videos like Yonce, Drunk in Love, and Partition.  But of course my favorite video is Blue featuring Blue Ivy. The expression of love between mother and child is so heartwarming and sincere and little baby Blue is just as cute as a button.

I'm inspired, truly inspired by this album, to work hard in life as an accountant, mother, writer, designer, I just want to be the Beyoncé of my own life! lol

My favorite song on the album is No Angel...slow grind bass beat with falsetto. Yup all the makings of a Katrina Approves this as hot shit! She definably reps her H-Town roots in this video!

Standing ovation Bey, you did that!!

Deets: Album available on ITUNES Dec 13th. Everywhere else December 20th! Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the Cookie Crumble? My take on Empire

Single Mom Travels (it's kind of a long read, so grab a snack!)

We Heard, We Saw, We Conquered: The September Lookback